Pages

June 16, 2011

At the Races

I searched and searched for inspiration for the following layout.  I managed to come across an old sketch from one of my Creating Keepsakes magazines from years ago.  Yes, I keep every copy!  The sketch was by Hiedi Sonboul from the Oct 2009 issue.  I didn't have enough pictures to do the entire layout, so I used the left half and then made my own for the right side.

I guess I did the right side old school...  you know, using my own creative juices from start to end.  Not to mention, it's a 2-pager.  Nearly unheard of by me...  LOL!

Anyway, the result...



Journaling kinda hard to read...  may end up redoing that on different paper.  The picture doesn't do it justice either.  It really doesn't look that bad in person.




 Here we go again with the site rotating my pictures again.  Hmmmm.  And I so love my flames.  They required a lot of paint and a lot of inking.  The red paint was WAY to bright for this page, so I inked the crap out of it.  I am pleased with the result.




2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this LO! That flame just plain ROCKS! ... I love that you used the cardstock background that has a bit of a feminine touch, but ends up looking totally masculine! All of the little details are what really make the page ... the race car charm, journaling card, circle, etc ... all way cool ... Great job, Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete