Pages

August 10, 2012

CSI - Case No. 32 - Wipe Out

CSI really does some amazing color combinations.  Sometimes, they really make me think because they are jam packed with colors that I don't normally pull, but other times, they choose colors that I have a large supply of.

This was the case this time around.  Tons of neutrals and blues...



Here is my take on it...





As you may know, scrapbooking a page at CSI is not just about the colors...  that is only part of the process.

C - Colors
S - Stories
I - Inspiration

You can see the colors from the pictures, but the S and I...

For the S, I had to use 2 or more of the following:
·      something translucent
·      wet medium
·      something grainy (e.g., glitter, sand, embossing powder)
·      textured paper
·      vellum
·      dots (inspired by the pattern on the starfish
·      round or somehow soften the edges of your photos or papers
mesh, burlap, gauze, or similar element

Can you see which ones I used?

For the I, I had to use 1 of the following:

·      Document a beach trip.
·      Journal about something you collect.
·      Create a translucent pocket or envelope for your journaling.
·      Document a transformation (inspired by the broken glass that turns into a beautiful treasure).
·      Use the first stanza of William Blake's poem as a jumping off point for your journaling:
To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.
  • Inspiration Words: calm, seek, change -- use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title

As you can see, I journaled about Sawyer and his wake board.

Enjoy and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment