Pages

October 06, 2012

Vintage Wheels - CSI #39

Sometime ago, I went to scrapbook with a girlfriend and forgot to pack my pictures.  So that entire time, I designed pages without a photo in mind.  And to be honest, some of those are my most loved LOs.

When I started this page, I really didn't have a plan. I didn't have a picture that went along with the color combination at CSI, so I just started to pull things out.  This is what transpired...

 
As I was pulling everything together, a vintage theme started to form.
 
 
This is what happened to me...  It was literally like a light bulb going off...
 
I knew that I had the perfect picture to go with the theme that had presented itself.


 
I thought that I could definitely use this in my ABC book of me.  As I looked through my album...
"W", for wheels, was taken,
"T", for truck, was taken,
"R", for Ratt-Rod, was taken.
 
"Vintage Wheels" it was.  Seriously, what other "V" can you think of?
 


 
And then, because I'm doing this to meet the challenge requirements of CSI (along with a sketch from Once Upon A Sketch), I had to find a spot for journaling.  The sketch really didn't provide a good place to add the journaling, but I had to use one element from the testimony list, so I made my own little booklet and began journaling.
 
I'm quite pleased with the outcome even though it took me way longer than I anticipated!
Thanks for stopping!

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely page.I love your tiny booklet with the journaling!Very creative.
    I may have taken longer than usual to complete your creation but it really worth it.
    Thank you for joining us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative page...plus that little booklet adds just the right touch to the page & provides a great way to add your journaling. Great job in solving the case file & in using the sketch. Thanks for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the layout! I love the tiny booklet you added! Genious idea! So very cute! love all the details especially the mesh background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not much of a girly kind of scrapper so i love all the embellishments you used. thanks for the inspirational ideas !

    ReplyDelete