Pages

January 18, 2013

Mackinac - CMS #26

Eric and I took the boys to Mackinac Island this past summer.  We brought our bikes and rode around the island...  8 miles.

For those that don't know, Mackinac Island is in Michigan.  When stepping on the island, it's like stepping back in time.  There are no cars allowed on the island.  Transportaion is limited to horse drawn buggy or bicycles.  It a bit busy at times, but when you get onto the other side of the island, it's actually quite remote.  And did I mention beautiful???

Challenge #26 at Color Me Scrappy is a very neutral palette.  I tend to love these types of challenges. 


Here is my take on it...


I love chevron right now!


I created the banner by punching out circles, inking the edges, and then haphazardly layering them.  To give them a bit more dimension, I sewed a zig zag across them.


The hexagons shapes came from tracing a chipboard shape, and then accented with a few pearls.


The cardboard came from one of the many moving boxes I have on hand.  LOL.

Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate any comments you leave.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those layered circles, Lisa, and your chevron background is delish!

    ReplyDelete