Pages

August 01, 2013

Pretty as a Picture - CMS #43

So, for those that don't know, I'm training for a marathon.  Yup, you heard me... a full 26.2 miles.  I know, I'm crazy, but it is on my bucket list and I figured I should get it marked off before I get any older.  My husband and I are running 4 days a week with our long run on Saturday mornings.  Last Saturday, we officially made it half way.  I've run a 1/2 marathon before, so it really wasn't a big milestone for me, and this Saturday, we fall back to 10 miles... but now, the week after that, we jump it up to 15 miles.  It will be the furthest I've ever run.

So, my point being, with all this running, I've had very little time to scrapbook this summer.  I'm hoping that with the kids going back to school, I'll be able to pick a day of the week (a non run day) and scrap until my hearts content!

Moving onto the August 1 reveal for Color Me Scrappy...


 
The twist, as it always is with the first of the month, is a sketch.  This sketch is my design.  I've really only done 3 or 4 sketches.  What do you think?
 
And the result...

 
These pictures are a year old, but these are my nephews and my niece.



This is one of the first times I've used the Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  I love how they blend together so effortlessly.
 

 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please enjoy the rest of your day!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I love your take on this challenge! I especially love what you did with the hexagons!

    ReplyDelete