Pages

January 07, 2015

Unplug - Challenge Yourself #14

My One Little Word (OLW) is just like a New Year's resolution, except so much easier to keep.

This year, I choose UNPLUG.  This is something my entire family struggles with, so moving into 2015, we have time restrictions in place for all screen time.  Of course, there are exceptions to the rule, but everyone is aware of how much time we spend in front of a screen and what that can do to your brain.

What is your OLW?  Join us at Challenge YOUrself and discover what it is and how it can improve your year!

**********************************************************

Challenge YOUrself #14: One Little Word
Choose a word that you will focus on and reflect upon all through the year and create a layout that celebrates your chosen word.  


One Little Word was created by Ali Edwards and is defined as a word that you invite into your life and let it speak to YOU.  You focus on and reflect upon this word as you go about your daily life.  There’s no right or wrong word. The main thing to remember is that this is YOUr word.

If you are new too this, you can learn more about Ali Edward's One Little Word concept HERE.

**********************************************************

Take a look at my page for inspiration.

Here in Michigan, our winters are dark and gloomy, so I decided to play in lighter, brighter colors.  After choosing my photo, I searched for a BG paper.  That's usually my jumping off point.  My next stop is my paper scraps bin.  I'm not one to waste, so I have bits and pieces of paper that I would almost consider vintage... you never know when they could come into play.

I found the flower paper and the paper from the circle in my scraps. I don't have much pink in my collection, so I had to dig deep to find the big flowers, which I believe came in a pack I purchased from Peachy Cheap. (Slight addiction there, so I had to stop receiving their daily emails).

A few little enamel dots and a Thickers title and fabric brads and voila, done.

The "stitching" is actually rub-ons.

Are you wondering about the "Beach Bum".  Well, in Traverse City, Michigan, they have a minor league baseball team called the Beach Bums, which is kinda funny since we they are in the snow belt.



I'd love to see what you create!



1 comment:

  1. Great word, Lisa! What you did with it here is so creative! I love the colors and your circle design!

    ReplyDelete